Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Weekly Progress

This week, I finished creating the base hair curves in XGen. I also renewed my subscription to Marvelous Designer so that I can resume working on the clothing for this upcoming week. My next goal will be to see if I can create pleats and folds that stay pressed after the simulation. I was successfully able to import the garment mesh created in MD into Maya. Now my next step will be to use the Apex cloth plugin to apply the cloth physics to it. 





Although I have the general shape for the hairstyle laid out, there is still some work I would like to do on the hair. I will be trying to add more density to the ponytail and make the braid at the end more pronounced. I also plan to continue experimenting with the clumping and cutting modifiers to shape the hair and give it more variety. Finally, I will try using region mapping on the area around the bangs so that the strands appear less messy.




After the hair is finished, my next step with it will be to use the XGen hair curves to create hair cards so that I can bring the model into Unreal Engine. I will be trying the workflow in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fs6rle_IbE

Time spent this week: 14 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment